Social Icons

Friday, November 29, 2013

With an Attitude of Gratitude

This week as been all about thanksgiving.  We take time out of a busy schedule, slow down only briefly to remember and appreciate the many blessings in our lives.  I have a lot to be thankful for at this point in my life.  Never did I think that I could conquer or tackle so much and still have my wits.  I have been blessed with such an amazing surrounding support group.


http://www.southernbelleviewdaily.com/tag/hope/

Throughout the day to day grind to which I would like to just simply call life, God has placed such a wonderful set of figures in my life to which have been my biggest support.  From a spiritual standpoint, I have all the help from above to go to for any prayers and assistance needed.  From a family standpoint, my family has got my back.  It took me a while to realize that as I think it is so hard seeing those who are right in front of you.  I for so long took them for granted. They had to tolerant and be patient with me as I was learning what it was to be a considerate adult and figuring out how to balance.  My parents and siblings are simply the best.  My grandma, aunts and uncles are so amazing as well.  I know I can go to them for anything and they would do whatever they could to help.

Another component to my support has come from my friends.  My darling and dear friends have been so good to me.  I have been blessed with friends from all over.  My closest friends to which I talk to almost everyday are from the Kingdom of Far Far Away.  You know, Shrek style.  I have a handful of friends I can lean on in my city, but the vast majority is all over.  I love that!  These individuals are the most wonderful people I could ever ask to have my back.  They all are so gifted with wisdom, understanding, empathy, compassion and love for me.  Whether we talk daily or sporadically, it is like picking up just where we had left off.  I feel so incredibly fortunate to be surrounded in love.

Another group I would like to thank…strangely enough…is my ex-boyfriends.  Isn't it ironic, don't you think?  If it wasn't for you, I believe my ambitions would be prematurely stammered.  If it wasn't for the break-ups, I do not believe I would have been able to accomplish and overcome what I have with such might and momentum.  I became more determined.  I became more of a fighter.  I started to learn what I was really made of thanks to you.  I started to understand relationships and what was deemed good and bad relationships.  It was through healing where clarity was found, followed the lit path through the gun smoke and my dreams became reality.  Your break-ups became my motivation in embracing being a single young professional woman and succeeding with flying colors.
http://activehappiness.com/2012/08/gratitude-and-happiness-appreciating-the-small-things/attitude-of-gratitude-spongebob/

In this journey called life, there is so much blessings and goodness woven day in and day out.  Some are easier to spot than others.  Sometimes we just need a chance to slow down and open our eyes to the wonderful world we find ourselves in today and just simply say thank you.

With an attitude of gratitude,
Catie Manning

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text

In home services available in the Chicago area. Also available by phone.