Social Icons

Monday, November 18, 2013

No matter what age

I have been trying to write this blog post for a few weeks now. This week we as a blog team are focusing on adoption and homeless teens, so what does a nurse grieving have to do with that? And here is what I began to think...

When my grandma passed away a year and a half ago my mom looked at me with tears in her eyes and said "it is true no matter how old you are when you lose your last parent, you still feel like an orphan".

In nursing school they don't prepare you for everything. They especially don't prepare you for the body bags and the grieving. As an oncology nurse I watch as children old and young alike become orphaned. I watch them lose their parents.

Whether you are 60 years old or 6 months old, no one is prepared to be on their own. We are hoping this week to raise awareness to help those that do feel alone in this world. Whether through the grieving of a lost one by physical death or family never being there, let's work together to help everyone, especially children and teens feel loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text

In home services available in the Chicago area. Also available by phone.