Social Icons

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Catie's Confidence Check-list


"Confidence is the only key. I know a lot of people who aren't traditionally 'beautiful'-- not symmetrical or perfect-bodied or perfect skinned. But none of that matters because all that shines through is their confidence, humor and comfort with themselves. I can't think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself."   Emma Stone

I am a firm believe that true beauty is found on the inside and radiates through the being to which the beauty is possessed. That is the "glow" affect some people possess. Their beauty radiates! What people deem beautiful is what they see on the outside as that is our first impression. We all make assessments regarding one another's looks, styles, fashions, attitudes or lack thereof, but I will be the first to tell you – if you look and feel good about your outer appearance it will boost your confidence and allow you to feel as beautiful as you can be!

For many young women and men alike, this world is about comparison. We are always trying to measure up ourselves to the next person. Well we shouldn't do that. We should really spend some time getting to know ourselves, our likes, our dislikes, what clothes we feel best and look the best in. Since everyone is created individually with our own personalities and designs, it is simply unfair to think you should be like someone else on this earth! Embrace who and what you are then let your confidence speak.

Something that pairs with your confidence and builds your credibility would be attention to your outside appearance. Since first impressions happen daily, draw awareness to your outside. This will reinforce your new found confidence and help you approach life in a new way. When you look your best you too will feel your best.

Here is morning check list that I use to make sure I am looking/feeling my best. I encourage you to make a check list of your own and boost your confidence! This shouldn't take you more than an hour. My Confidence Check-list is down to a half an hour. I do some prep (like making sure your bag and clothes are laid out the night before) and that cuts down on my time spent pulling myself together in the morning.

Catie's Confidence Check-list:
1.   Shower: wash hair, body then face – ask yourself, “do I need to shave?”
2.   Analyze your face: do you need additional eye cream today? If not, continue with your face cleansing routine
3.   Analyze your hair: where do you want to part it? What hair products should you use today?
4.   Blow dry your hair (if necessary)
5.   Apply your make-up
6.   Brush your teeth and apply deodorant
7.   Apply lotion to your arms and legs
8.   Get dressed and flip on some music to jam to!

If I don't go through my check-list fully, I don't feel my best or if my morning gets rushed: it starts everything off on the wrong foot and I feel less confident. Or perhaps you are guilty of my favorite step skipped – forgetting the deodorant (you know the whole 'sure' or 'unsure' thing)! What can you do? You freak and everything is off...sigh.

Whatever you do for your "Confidence Check-list" remember to keep it simple and realistic. Accents are best whether it is wearing a headband, scarf or light make-up...these accessories accent your reflected inner beauty. Don't be afraid to do your thing and let that confidence show. There is only ONE YOU in this world and you owe it to yourself to shine. :-)

Catie Manning, Hair Stylist

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text

In home services available in the Chicago area. Also available by phone.