Social Icons

Friday, February 28, 2014

Blues Be Gone, Baby!

This winter my dear friends has seemed never ending.  Classes and schools cancelled for periods of time seem as though it is a norm.  What a winter this has been!  I don't know about you, but I am over this whole "Polar Vortex" thing.  So much so this was even my Facebook Status:
As found on my Facebook Page...yes the comments add to the hilarity of it all too...


Winter blues hit a little harder than usual the past few months.  I was kind of needing a little pick me up, if you will, so I accidentally thought outside the box and it actually worked.  Blues be gone, baby!

Being that I am a social individual, I sought the help from a friend.  My friend Rachel and I take ourselves very seriously...more times than not.  We decided to make a visit to the mall to promote exercise of our legs and mouths.  We walked for a good 2-1/2 hours.  We ate an Auntie Anne's pretzel.  We continued to walk until we stepped into Claire's Boutique.  That my friends is where we got lost in goofiness, headbands, and One Direction memorabilia.

Being that we both were in the market for new headbands (a girl can NEVER have enough especially of the kind that is comfortable).  We were looking on the racks and trying a plethora of items on our heads.  Some looked amazing others not so much.  Then we realized, they are having a buy one get one 1/2 off on earrings!  Another awesome item a girl could always use.  We checked out the clearance rack...deals almost too good to be true.  Some of the pairs made us laugh and others a little confused.  The end result put a slight dent in our pocket as well as increased our style points I must confess.

We ended up with a wide array for ourselves.  Check out these beauties:
http://www.claires.com/store/us/goods/jewelry/cat1260130/drops/p14226/jumbo+donut+drop+earrings/
I couldn't stop laughing.  Rachel couldn't stop laughing.  We literally laughed until we cried.  We decided that her sister definitely couldn't live with out these.  Might as well make her laugh as well!

Upon paying, we sat and chatted for about a 1/2 an hour more until we realized we definitely shut the mall down.  Who would have thought that the mall could be the place for such laughter and lifting us up and out of our winter blues!  It was just what we needed.


Catie's Bucket List:
#25 Be a "Mall Rat"

Checked it off the list...word.  Never underestimate the power of a true friendship.  You can go anywhere and make it fun and exciting.  Sometimes just spending quality time with your friends is enough to make those blues disappear.  Who would have thought?


Catie Manning
Hair Stylist

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text

In home services available in the Chicago area. Also available by phone.