Social Icons

Friday, January 3, 2014

A Non-Resolution 2014

So it is 2014.  Where did the time go?  It seems like it was only yesterday that we were ringing in the 2013 year with bells and whistles of hope and gleam.  For most it was a tremendously hard year with great ups and downs as the uncertainty of health care and world economics to which directly affected everyone in one shape or another.  There was scandal.  There was heartache.  There was much also to be thankful for like jobs, opportunities, and still hope remained.

A lot of my personal friends took great risks!  They started new business ventures.  They got engaged and got married.  They started having children and those are all wonderful.  That doesn't mean that it doesn't go without pain and hardships nor does it exist without a certain fear of the unknown.  And yet, my friends still took those risks and by their great faith continued to press on through their hopes, dreams and desires to make 2013 the best year yet!

It seems too with each new year their comes a desire for reenergized and refocus on our forever goals of getting in shape, eating properly and finishing up those unleveled projects simply stated.  I was one of those persons as well.  My resolutions come with great intentions; however the motivation to follow through for the betterment of myself was somewhat lacking.  This year seems a little different than those of the past.  Americans seem to be slightly more appreciative of what we have.  It is as though the greater majority of people are getting up and doing more to assist those in their communities.  They are stepping up to the plate of problems such as hunger, homelessness, and abandonment.  That truly is an amazing sort especially in reflecting just how lucky we are!

This year will be different for me too.  Instead of resolving to a plan that is set up to fail, I am resolving to NON-Resolution 2014.  I have a list that I would like to do just because!  I want to learn to cook healthier.  I want to find my love for working out again.  I want to be a better person.  I want to seek balance better in the day to day chaos.  I want to be a better example of a positive attitude and maintain my encouraging spirit with great hope.  I don't want to be complacent or take anyone/anything for granted this year.  I want to learn to love others and life.

I have a few action based plans, four to be exact!) created to accomplish the aforementioned goals.  I also have a few ideas of how to break it up so I can stick with it.  What it all comes down to is patience and awareness down to every little action.  So here goes nothing!

So what are your new year's resolutions?  Are you trying to be healthier?  Are you trying to be more mindful?  Are you just trying to exist?  We would love to hear what your plans for the new year are!  Share with us on Facebook or Twitter!

No matter what 2014 has in store, I have a feeling that it will be a great year...don't you?

Start smiling...dare you to make someone's day!
Catie Manning


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text

In home services available in the Chicago area. Also available by phone.