Social Icons

Monday, October 14, 2013

Fall Changes

I love fall! The cool crisp weather. The wonderful leaves. FOOTBALL SEASON! The fact that I can again wear my boots. The changing of seasons. Apple picking. Pumpkin carving. Biting into a crisp fresh apple. Bonfires. I love it all :-)

It was exactly a year ago today that I packed up a U-haul with my parents and a couple of friends in Grand Rapids, Michigan and made the 3 hour trek to my new home, Chicago.  It is hard to believe that it has been a year and yet so much has happened since then.  As I sat in my apartment today, a completely different one than the one I moved into a year ago, with windows open and the fall air flowing in it made me contemplative.

It is amazing how the decisions we make impact our life. Because of so many decisions I made before moving to Chicago, now in Chicago I have an incredible group of friends from almost every place I've lived before this.  I also have an incredible job where I can pursue not just one of my degrees, but all 3 of my degrees.  Each one of those degrees challenged me to look at health in a whole different way.  Together, I have a unique perspective on the medical world and for that I am so incredibly thankful.

There is no great nutrition or fitness or nursing advice in this blog post.  It is more of a encouragement for the steps each of you are taking in your life. Fall is a time where a lot happens and schedules are super busy. We all seem to be running all different directions and trying to keep up with life. Fall is a wonderful incredible season where memories are made, changes happen and not just the changes in the leaves, and we are challenged to live healthy lives in the busyness. But you have some incredible opportunities where you can choose to live healthy. My challenge to you this fall season is this.

Take time to look at the changing of the colors of the leaves and embrace the changes happening in your life. Hang onto the moments that will soon be memories...  apple picking, pumpkin carving, dressing up, football games, grilling out, the bonfires, raking of leaves. Take time to acknowledge the changes that are occurring in your life and don't be afraid to take that leap if you feel like it is the right decision. Embrace the weather changes. And this fall season, love yourself exactly where you are at and exactly who you are this moment. One thing I learn from my cancer patients it is to live every moment and savor each memory.

Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text

In home services available in the Chicago area. Also available by phone.